rt3 for EPEL

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jan 29 18:09:03 UTC 2008

On 29.01.2008 17:34, Xavier Bachelot wrote:

> Packages wishlist for rt3 is maintained in another page than the main
> EPEL wishlist.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList/rt3
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList

FYI, in the past weeks I took care of the main WhishList -- if something
got added I mailed the Fedora owner normally.

>  From the main wishlist, the maintainers of the following packages have
> been mailed, but they either didn't answer or the wishlist page wasn't
> updated :
> [...]

I'd say: check via
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugzilla?tg_format=plain
who owns those in Fedora. I suspect at least some of the packages owners
have EPEL packages already, but didn't get around to these ones. Send
those a mail in private asking for their plans and I suspect you can
shorten the list a bit.

For the remaining ones: a second mail can't hurt. Reminder (to everyone
that plans to do something like this): before sending such mails please
check this page http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatusNo
If the FAS username of the package owner please don't send mails
regarding participating in EPEL to them.

> The following packages are missing from the main wishlist :
>    perl-capitalization
>    perl-Class-ReturnValue
>    perl-DBIx-DBSchema
>    perl-ExtUtils-AutoInstall
>    perl-HTML-Scrubber
>    perl-Test-NoWarnings
>    perl-Test-perl-Critic
> Shall I add these packages to the main wishlist ?

I'd say so. I will mail the owners then. But you can do it yourself as
well. The template I use can be found on:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/AskForFedoraPackageInEPEL

> [...]

HTH

Cu