rt3 for EPEL

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Tue Jan 29 22:10:13 UTC 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 29.01.2008 17:34, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> Packages wishlist for rt3 is maintained in another page than the main
>> EPEL wishlist.
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList/rt3
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList
>
> FYI, in the past weeks I took care of the main WhishList -- if something
> got added I mailed the Fedora owner normally.
>
>>  From the main wishlist, the maintainers of the following packages have
>> been mailed, but they either didn't answer or the wishlist page wasn't
>> updated :
>> [...]
>
> I'd say: check via
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugzilla?tg_format=plain
> who owns those in Fedora. I suspect at least some of the packages owners
> have EPEL packages already, but didn't get around to these ones. Send
> those a mail in private asking for their plans and I suspect you can
> shorten the list a bit.
>
> For the remaining ones: a second mail can't hurt. Reminder (to everyone
> that plans to do something like this): before sending such mails please
> check this page http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatusNo
> If the FAS username of the package owner please don't send mails
> regarding participating in EPEL to them.
>> The following packages are missing from the main wishlist :
>>    perl-capitalization
>>    perl-Class-ReturnValue
>>    perl-DBIx-DBSchema
>>    perl-ExtUtils-AutoInstall
>>    perl-HTML-Scrubber
>>    perl-Test-NoWarnings
>>    perl-Test-perl-Critic
>> Shall I add these packages to the main wishlist ?
>
> I'd say so. I will mail the owners then. But you can do it yourself as
> well. The template I use can be found on:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/AskForFedoraPackageInEPEL
>
>> [...]
>
> HTH
>
> Cu
> knurd

Thx Thorsten.

I've added the missing packages to the wishlist and did some additions
to the rt3's wishlist page. It seems it's not that bad actually. There's
not that much packages without someone to take care of them in EPEL.

I'll mail the EPEL guys that have packages to rebuild, this should
shorten the list drastically. Then I'll go on with the
EPEL-maintainer-less packages.

Regards,
Xavier