EPEL steering committee future

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jan 30 19:23:00 UTC 2008

Hi all!

Remember my mail titled "Do you want to be part of the EPEL steering
committee?" from yesterday?
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2008-January/msg00177.html

Smooge (Stephen John Smoogen) self-nominated for the job and in todays
meeting was accepted as member for the EPEL Steering Committee. Congrats
Smooge, I'm sure you'll do a good job.

He sort of fills the vacant seat the EPEL Steering Committee. As I
mentioned in my earlier mail, another member wants to leave sooner or
later. I meant myself with that -- I'm doing the EPEL chairmen job for
about one year now (and was FESCo chairmen before that for round about a
year as well). It was fun most of the time, but it's time for me to move
on and time for fresh blood, new ideas and new people in EPELs lead. I
also would like to get a bit more free time to finally get RPM Fusion
started (including repos with Fedora-unwanted stuff built for EL + EPEL;
if you want to help with that let me know!).

IOW: (1) we need a new chairmen and (2) a ideally another member for the
EPEL Steering Commitee. In todays meeting nirik and smooge volunteered
for the chairmens job. If anyone else is interested speak up; the new
chairmen will be elected in the next meeting (20080213 at 18:00 UTC in
#fedora-meeting). And also don't be shy if you want to become a member
for the EPEL Steering Commitee; just speak up and self-nominate if you
are interested in EPEL and want to help get it to the next level! If you
can't make the meetings on Wednesdays at 18:00 UTC -- no problem, we can
try to find another date and time (and we do most of the work on the
list in any case).

CU
knurd