Re: Unstable EPEL? (frequent package updates)

Miguel Filho wrote:
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip kanarip com> wrote:
A small addition here; RHEL does so by releasing a minor update to the
entire operating system (5.2) - so everyone knows to look for changes like
these. Is this something EPEL can do as well?

EPEL 5.1/nethack-3.4.3

EPEL 5.2/nethack-4.0 (for the right reasons)

That is exactly my point on another mail I sent to this list. A
repository that don't follow the RHEL release is just a no go to me.

Well since there isn't any third party reposiory following the EL release model, it makes sense to explain why you need such a model. Simply demanding that it should be done without providing a good explanation isn't really motivating anybody.

Rahul