same package used in EL-4 and EL-5

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jul 30 19:55:38 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 July 2008, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 08:59:33PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >> I tend to agree for this kind package. Copying it over makes only makes
> >> sense when it comes to big data packages, but for a small easy package
> >> like this the overhead is not worth the risk and trouble.
> >
> > Still it would be nice to hae this fixed in EPEL. Will it be fixed with
> > a switch to using koji/bodhi?
>
> afaik no.  It (still) requires manual intervention copy the same pkg to
> different repos/releases.

FWIW, in Fedora, Rawhide auto-inherits builds from earlier repos, but only if
there have been no builds with the tag Rawhide points to.  So for example if
a package has not been built to dist-f10 (any EVR, ever) but it is in let's
say dist-f9-updates-testing, it will be automatically copied to Rawhide.