Re: 5.1 -> 5.2 move

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Stephen John Smoogen (smooge gmail com) said:
I don't think we have one. We have dealt with the older policy where
things conflicted with 5.1 but not 5.0.

What exactly are the packages having problems?

gtkhtml3 was rebased in 5.2, changing ABI. We can ship (in EPEL)
a gtkhtml38 package, but it will conflict at the file level with
gtkhtml3 from 5.1 and earlier.

Bill

I suppose there was a very good reason for the base change, but I thought things like this are one of the issues using RHEL was suppose to avoid.