5.1 -> 5.2 move

Fri Jun 6 19:54:38 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 02:09:29PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Stephen John Smoogen (smooge at gmail.com) said:
>>> I don't think we have one. We have dealt with the older policy where
>>> things conflicted with 5.1 but not 5.0.
>>>
>>> What exactly are the packages having problems?
>> gtkhtml3 was rebased in 5.2, changing ABI. We can ship (in EPEL)
>> a gtkhtml38 package, but it will conflict at the file level with
>> gtkhtml3 from 5.1 and earlier.
>
> The solution could be, in RHEL, to have gtkhtml38 obsolete gtkhtml3
> versions with version <= 3.8. It cannot be done in EPEL since obsoleting
> RHEL packages is not allowed.
>
> gtkhtml3 would be brought in either by devel dependencies, or by
> dependencies on the soname.

OK ... I have created a package that conflicts with gtkhtml3 < 3.12.1

we will be putting it in centos-5.2 extras (after it goes through the
centos QA process).

Here are testing RPMS:

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/compat-gtkhtml38/

This was tested with gnucash and mysql-query-browser and it seemed to
work OK with the new gtkhtml3 installed as well.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes