5.1 -> 5.2 move

Fri Jun 6 20:35:57 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> OK ... I have created a package that conflicts with gtkhtml3 < 3.12.1
>>
>> we will be putting it in centos-5.2 extras (after it goes through the
>> centos QA process).
>>
>> Here are testing RPMS:
>>
>> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/compat-gtkhtml38/
>>
>> This was tested with gnucash and mysql-query-browser and it seemed to work
>> OK with the new gtkhtml3 installed as well.
>
> Why do this instead of EPEL?

Well ... if someone wants to also put it in EPEL, then that is fine with me.

However, we don't want to release CentOS-5.2 broken, and we think that
not having that package after upgrading the gtkhtml3 ABI to a new
version is broken.

We have users/customers who have built custom software using gtkhtml3
and we think that when we provide CentOS-5.2 with a new gtkhtml3 that we
also need to provide a compat package for their custom enterprise
software.  In fact, I don't understand why it is not being provided
upstream.

We have a centos-extras repo for just such items.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes