Re: GMT-doc and GMT-coastlines

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 14:51 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > Okay, can someone please help me get GMT-doc and GMT-coastlines into
> > EPEL without resorting to %{?dist}?
> >
> > [orion cynosure EL-4]$ make tag
> > cvs tag  -c GMT-coastlines-1_10-1
> > ? clog
> > ERROR: The tag GMT-coastlines-1_10-1 is already applied on a different
> > branch
> > ERROR: You can not forcibly move tags between branches
> > GMT-coastlines-1_9-3:devel:orion:1209400433
> > GMT-coastlines-1_10-1:devel:orion:1210021147
> > cvs tag: Pre-tag check failed
> > cvs [tag aborted]: correct the above errors first!
> > make: *** [tag] Error 1
> > [orion cynosure EL-4]$ make build
> > GMT-coastlines.spec not tagged with tag GMT-coastlines-1_10-1
> > make: *** [build-check] Error 1
>
> I understand your desire to have the same versioned noarch package in all
> dists, but why not simply bump the version to 1.1 or some such thing and move
> along to other more important things?

Yeah, basically I think you're somewhat screwed by having made the tag
on devel/ first, that and there being no inheritance map between EPEL
and Fedora.  So at the very least you need one n-v-r for EPEL and one
n-v-r for Fedora.  Those two cannot be the same.  Then you'd tag/build
the EPEL one from the earliest EPEL you want to support (EL-4).  At that
point I do believe an EPEL admin can EL-5 (and later EL-6) inherit the
EL-4 one.  Much like we did or are doing for Fedora from the oldest
Fedora one.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!