page renaming ideas

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Nov 2 13:49:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:47:45PM -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> Based on a search for all page names with 'EPEL' in them[1], I got 91
> pages.  50 of those pages are of the format 'EPEL/Report' and can be
> moved to the Meetings: namespace.  Below I picked out some samples and
> show what they can be named using natural language.  This improves
> search, translation, and readability for the user.
>
> EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies/PackageMaintenanceAndUpdates
>  => Package_maintenance_guidelines_for_EPEL

This page has moved, it is now
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies

> EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies
>  => EPEL_guidelines_and_policies

Right.

> EPEL/ContributorStatus
>  => Status_of_EPEL_contributors

Currently this now only lists packagers not interested in EPEL, but the
name is fine anyway.

> EPEL/Schedule
>  => EPEL_schedule

Looks good (but the page has to be rewritten).

> EPEL/FAQ
>  => Frequently_asked_questions_about_EPEL   ... or ...
>  => FAQ_about_EPEL

Both look good to me.

> EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel
>  => Koji_and_bodhi_for_EPEL
> EPEL/PackageMaintainer/GenericJobDescription
>  => Generic_job_description_for_package_maintainers

I'd prefer
Generic_job_description_for_EPEL

> EPEL/Tasks
>  => EPEL_tasks
> EPEL/WishList
>  => Package_wish_list_for_EPEL

Right.

There are other pages, here are my proposals:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SteeringCommittee
 => EPEL_Steering_Committee

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SIG
 => EPEL_SIG