Re: Temporary Leave of absence

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 04:05:59PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Due to a recent death of a co-worker/manager, my time available to
> EPEL is going to be curtailed for the next 2 weeks as we begin to
> rebuild things. Could someone run the next 2 EPEL meetings?

Nirik makes more sense to do it, IMO, but I'll make sure to be there
and take the gavel, if needed.

> Thanks.
>
> An item that needs to be looked at is if we need to have elections or
> change of board membership. I am not sure that it is needed for a SIG,
> but it could be.

SIGs do not have the same requirements on them as formal
sub-projects.  If we are a SIG (we are), then we have a lot of
flexibility about governance, etc.  If we want that formal sub-project
for any reason, elections are one of the requirements.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41