Broken dependencies in EPEL - 2008-10-01

Johan Cwiklinski mailings at x-tnd.be
Mon Oct 6 11:13:14 UTC 2008

Hi,

Kevin Fenzi a écrit :
> On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:56:24 +0200
> mailings at x-tnd.be (Johan Cwiklinski) wrote:
>

>> Fedora Extras repoclosure a écrit :
>>
>>>     trasher AT fedoraproject.org
>>>         BackupPC - 3.1.0-2.el5.noarch
>>>
>>> ======================================================================
>>> Broken packages in fedora-epel-testing-5-x86_64:
>>>
>>>     BackupPC-3.1.0-2.el5.noarch  requires  perl(Archive::Zip)
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I really do not know what's the problem here, the reported missing
>> package is available on my CentOS 5.2 :
>> # yum list  perl-Archive-Zip
>> perl-Archive-Zip.noarch                  1.16-1.2.1             base
>>

>> Did I miss something ?
>>

> I think this package might only be available in the 'client' rhel
> stream and the server/scripts are only checking against the 'server'
> stream.
>
> Can anyone confirm that?

A friend of mine has confirmed that perl-Archive-Zip is only available
for the client, not for the server.

> If so, we should add in the client stream in order to at least run the
> dep checker.
>

>> Regards,
>> Johan
>>

> kevin

Since there is apparently no way for me (or for the perl-Archive-Zip)
maintainer to specify in which of these branches our packages should go,
I really do not know how to resolve these dependency problem.

So what to do ? BackupPC will probably not being pushed to stable since
there is a RHEL dependency issue, but everything seems to be OK under
CentOS... And as I'm not an RHEL customer, I see no way to know that a
such problem exists, no way to check it, no way to repair it...

Regards,
Johan