Re: is there a difference between EPEL SIG and EPEL contributors?

On 28.10.2008 12:53, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:26:24PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
A EPEL SIG member is somebody that cares of EPEL as a whole; somebody who helps making EPEL better/who does work beyond the packaging level.
How do you distinguish practically both kind of contributors?

I personnally think that this distinction isn't really meaningfull,

For us that's true. But for the SIG members it's something different; they can feel special if they are part of a SIG, and that might help getting them more involved to help bring EPEL forward.

I'd leave the SIG stuff in place as it is, as it doesn't do any harm but might help. References to the EPEL SIG and it's Steering Committee might also exist in other parts of the wiki and might be important for the government modell. FESCo iirc put "driving EPEL" in the hands of the EPEL SIG and its steering committee.

CU
knurd