is there a difference between EPEL SIG and EPEL contributors?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Oct 28 13:56:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 02:28:48PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> As mentioned earlier today on this list already: the EPEL SIG (and it's
> steering committe) is below FESCo in Fedora's government model (or did
> that change recently? then I missed that).

Ok, FESCo is above in the command chain, but the missions are similar
(except that EPEL doesn't need to duplicate some FESCo missions, like
being above the packaging commitee or other transverse SIGs that are of
relevance for both EPEL and fedora as a distro).

>> There could be SIGs within EPEL at some point, but I don't think about
>> EPEL as a SIG.
>
> Neverthelees it was created as one and the SIG (not the Steering
> Committee iirc; that was build by the SIG) got permission to run EPEL
> from FESCo.

Is it still true? Reading the
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SteeringCommittee
page, except for the historical remark that the steering commitee was
formed by the SIG, there is no specific mention of the SIG (only one
where it is side by side with the community and the steering commitee).
It seems to me that all the authority the SIG once had is now in the
hands of the steering commitee. But I may be wrong.

--
Pat