page renaming ideas

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 19:47:45 UTC 2008

Based on a search for all page names with 'EPEL' in them[1], I got 91
pages.  50 of those pages are of the format 'EPEL/Report' and can be
moved to the Meetings: namespace.  Below I picked out some samples and
show what they can be named using natural language.  This improves
search, translation, and readability for the user.

EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies/PackageMaintenanceAndUpdates
 => Package_maintenance_guidelines_for_EPEL
EPEL/Reports/Week44
 => Meeting:EPEL_summary_YYYYMMDD
EPEL/ContributorStatus
 => Status_of_EPEL_contributors
EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies
 => EPEL_guidelines_and_policies
EPEL/Schedule
 => EPEL_schedule
EPEL/FAQ
 => Frequently_asked_questions_about_EPEL   ... or ...
 => FAQ_about_EPEL
EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel
 => Koji_and_bodhi_for_EPEL
EPEL/PackageMaintainer/GenericJobDescription
 => Generic_job_description_for_package_maintainers
EPEL/Tasks
 => EPEL_tasks
EPEL/WishList
 => Package_wish_list_for_EPEL

In some cases, it is just putting spaces in to an already named page.
In all cases, these should go in to the [[Category:EPEL]], and some in
other categories, e.g. [[Category:EPEL_tasks]].

If you are on fedora-wiki-list, you'll see that the group is discussing
working with individual projects to check-in a CSV file with OldName|
New_name.  The list gets run through wikibot, which changes the names,
fixes links, puts all in a master category, etc.

- Karsten
[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&ns0=1&redirs=0&searchx=1&search=EPEL&limit=500&offset=0
--