IMPORTANT: NEXT MEETING

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Sat Sep 13 17:26:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:18:43 -0600
smooge at gmail.com ("Stephen John Smoogen") wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis
> <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> > Just a note: A lot of things IMHO can be done on the list. It's
> > just each "thing" needs someone to drive it forward. But that's the
> > same on IRC as well. ;-)
> >

> Yes.. we should use the list first, and the IRC for our pings.

Yeah. ;)

> > In the interest of contributers, users and EPEL in general: I'd
> > much prefer if somebody would look at each of the problems and find
> > a individual solution for each of the problems. From looking at the
> > broken deps it seems to me that at least some of them are quite
> > easy to fix. Some others otoh might be quite hard to fix, so
> > removing them really might be the better solution for now.
> >
> > And no, sorry, I'm not volunteering to do this. I'm quite busy with
> > RPM Fusion stuff right now :-/
> >

> No I understand.. we need to get a process in place.
> 1) Who makes fixes to fix low-hanging fruit
> 2) Who keeps track of things
> 3) When can we get this done by?

I think we need first:

0) get the automated dependency script running again and functioning
fully, so it doesn't spew false positives.

This would get maintainers another chance to fix things, and also make
it so we could all see whats broken.

After that, I am happy to look and try and fix low hanging fruit.

I have filed a bug for re-enabling the dep checker:

kevin