Help Request: Blank Screen with vnc-ltsp-config

Help!  I am a newbie at the end of my rope.

I installed the vnc-ltsp-config "package" on my CentOS 5.3 box as per the directions in the wiki located at http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server, but when I try to connect to the server remotely (using TightVNC on my Windows machine or vncviewer on my second CentOS box), I get what amounts to essentially a blank, black screen.  There is a cursor that moves based on my mouse movements, so I know that I have indeed connected to the box remotely.

Any ideas?  I have already googled for info and tried adding "enable=true" to the [xdmcp] section of /etc/gdm/custom.conf to no avail.

Thanks.