Re: Plan for tomorrows EPEL meeting - 2009-12-11

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:37:34 -0600
Michael Stahnke <mastahnke gmail com> wrote:

> Probably not the best topic as it's been beaten a bit, but can we
> update some stuff?  If it's a non ABI/API breakage, can I update a
> package to add new features/fix bugs (not security related)?

Yes, I think this is quite allowed.

We want to avoid:

- abi/api breakage.
- config file changes that can't be fixed up in the package.
- large behavior changes

So, just bugfixes and new features are fine, IMHO as long as they don't
change things enough to cause problems with existing users.

(all of this is of course, IMHO).