Re: Packages with same ENVR in stable and testing repos (Re: next testing -> stable move for EPEL4 and EPEL5 prepared, details inside)

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

On 12.02.2009 21:36, Michael Stahnke wrote:
I think the cause of this may be that packages are not being removed
from -testing after being pushed to stable, not because packagers are
rebuilding without bumping release.
Agreed, I think that is what has happened.

Clicking 10 or 20 seconds in the browser would have told you two it's not the case for at least some of the packages (I guess the majority, but I didn't check). Just picked the first one in the list:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/4/SRPMS/obby-0.4.4-2.el4.src.rpm
12-Dec-2007 14:55

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/testing/4/SRPMS/obby-0.4.4-2.el4.src.rpm
14-May-2008 11:18

And it are definitely different builds:

[thl thl ~]$ repoquery --repoid epel4 --qf '%{buildtime}' obby.x86_64
1197477479
[thl thl ~]$ repoquery --repoid epel4-testing --qf '%{buildtime}' obby.x86_64
1210359424
[thl thl ~]$

Spec files are identical, nevertheless that's not what we want.
/me does not get it. Does it mean that those packages passed twice the "make build" step ? And if the answer is "yes", why would that happen ?