Websites and things

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Feb 17 19:41:01 UTC 2009

On 17.02.2009 19:12, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:44:33PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> That's correct; it's a SIG and FESCo is above it in the Fedora hierarchy.

Maybe I should have added here: It's a SIG that is governed by the EPEL
Steering Committee.

> It is still very unclear to me who the SIG members are.

I'd say it's round about: If you want to become a member of a SIG then
you add your name to the page in the wiki; if you want to get out you
remove your name. That afaics how it works/worked in many Fedora SIGs
and I see no reason why EPEL should be different.

> Both a project
> and a SIG should know who their members are, but in the case of EPEL it
> is far from being clear. Indeed, for the Packaging project, members are
> more or less all the packagers, while it is not clear if the EPEL SIG
> members are all the EPEL maintainers + people interested in EPEL
> infrastructure + EPEL steering commitee, or if it is something else
> (like, for example, the list on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SIG).

I'd say it are people that have a eneral interest in EPEL and want to
keep it running and help to improve it.

CU
knurd