Re: Websites and things

On 17.02.2009 19:12, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:44:33PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
That's correct; it's a SIG and FESCo is above it in the Fedora hierarchy.

Maybe I should have added here: It's a SIG that is governed by the EPEL Steering Committee.

It is still very unclear to me who the SIG members are.

I'd say it's round about: If you want to become a member of a SIG then you add your name to the page in the wiki; if you want to get out you remove your name. That afaics how it works/worked in many Fedora SIGs and I see no reason why EPEL should be different.

Both a project and a SIG should know who their members are, but in the case of EPEL it
is far from being clear. Indeed, for the Packaging project, members are
more or less all the packagers, while it is not clear if the EPEL SIG
members are all the EPEL maintainers + people interested in EPEL infrastructure + EPEL steering commitee, or if it is something else
(like, for example, the list on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SIG).

I'd say it are people that have a eneral interest in EPEL and want to keep it running and help to improve it.

CU
knurd