Re: moving to Koji

On 25.02.2009 16:12, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
With the koji upgrade on the weekend support was deployed for external repos. this enables building of EPEL in koji. I have set up some tags and targets for doing EPEL scratch builds. right now you can scratch build to dist-5E-epel and dist-4E-epel. there is an issue i need to work around with EL-4 the old hack we used to provide a kernel to ppc doesnt work. I am working on a solution to that.

Sounds good.

To move building to koji we need to get bodhi setup and redo the release engineering process to closely match that of Fedora. What this means is that you will need to file a ticket with releng to have a package added to the buildroot if you need to build against it. it also means that things can hit stable sooner.

Ehh, do we really want that apart from security updates or important bugfixes (which we can and do push within minutes these days already if needed)?

I ask because the "monthly" move from testing to the porper repos has a important side-effect: I slows everything down when compared to the quickly moving Fedora, which for EL repos IMHO is something good.

> [...]

Cu
knurd