moving to Koji

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Feb 25 22:15:30 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 03:24:48 pm Xavier Lamien wrote:
> 2009/2/25 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>:
> > With the koji upgrade on the weekend support was deployed for external
> > repos. this enables building of EPEL in koji. I have set up some tags and
> > targets for doing EPEL scratch builds.  right now you can scratch build
> > to dist-5E-epel and dist-4E-epel.  there is an issue i need to work
> > around with EL-4  the old hack we used to provide a kernel to ppc doesnt
> > work.  I am working on a solution to that.
> >
> > To move building to koji we need to get bodhi setup and redo the release
> > engineering process to closely match that of Fedora. What this means is
> > that you will need to file a ticket with releng to have a package added
> > to the buildroot  if you need to build against it.   it also means that
> > things can hit stable sooner.
> >
> > Ideally id like to make the change quickly and transparently. Right now
> > im aiming to do it on a saturday in march.  it will mean that we take
> > plague downa nd disable builds in koji. we need to import epel into koji
> > at that point in time. once everthing is imported and tagged, building
> > can be enabled. All developers at that point in time will need to update
> > there common checkouts to be able to build.
>
> Would you mind file tickets on that, i'll take some.
>
> > This email is intended to start discussion on the migration and allow
> > people to bring up any concerns that they have.
>
> Do we have packages awaiting push from epel_signers ?
> if so, we should run that push then freeze updates before import epel to
> koji.
This is how i saw it going down

1) shut down plague
2) do epel push
3) manually run the sync one last time from buildsys to the primary mirror
3) import packages from primary mirror into koji
4) tag packages as appropriate in koji.
5) make changes to Makefile.common
6) send out notice that builds are open
7) do stable and testing composes from koji and verify that they are the same
as whats on the primary mirror (one caveat there will only be the latest pkg
not latest2)
8) profit
9) switch off buildsys.fp.o

before we get there we need.