Re: Looking for a "release manager" for "RPM Fusions repos for EL & EPEL"

On 26.02.2009 18:21, Adam Miller wrote:
I would be interested in participating (already package for EPEL but
know that there are some things we can't put in EPEL but would be nice
for EL to have). Unfortunately I completely lack the time to head up
something like this, but would be more than willing to lend a hand if
I am able.

RPM Fusion (and its EL repos) is a open project just like Fedora and of course any help to improve it is highly appreciated. ;-)

RPM Fusion further uses similar rules -- round about the Fedora and EPEL guidelines and rules with a few small exceptions/adjuments needed due to the different nature. The infrastructure is also similar -- currently CVS and plague just like EPEL.

So if you want to package something for EL that can't be in EPEL that just submit it as review to bugzilla.rpmfusion.org ;-) If it's in RPM Fusion's repos for Fedora already then just step up as maintainer. The same rules as EPEL apply here: e.g. ask the maintainer of the Fedora branch if he's fine with you taking care of the package in the EL branch.

So if you have a few spare cycles just look out for areas where you think improvements are needed and "just do it" ;-)

CU
knurd