python-iniparse should not be in EPEL5

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jan 19 08:04:14 UTC 2009

On 19.01.2009 08:43, David Juran wrote:
> I just noticed that python-iniparse got pushed into EPEL5 over the
> weekend. However python-iniparse.0.2.3-4.el5 is already in the RHEL5
> channel and that version should not be overridden by EPEL. Could someone
> with the appropriate permissions please remove that it.

Partly my fault, as I prepared the push (but we don't check for such
things there). But only dgilmore (CCed) can do the removal.

> On a side-note, this is not the first time this happens.

"Not the first time" for this precise package? Or was that a more
general comment?

> Would it make
> sense to implement some kind of sanity check in the push script that
> flags if a EPEL package is overriding a RHEL package?

I'd actually say the push scripts are the wrong place -- a script IMHO
should watch CVS and yell as soon as a EPEL branch for a regular EL
package is created.

CU
knurd