pexepct is in RHEL and should be dropped from EPEL

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 23 09:48:53 UTC 2009

Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> I agree on coordination however re-using a spec cannot be called
>> stealing by any means.
>
> How else would you call stealing then?

A permissively licensed spec file being reused is not stealing and is a
very good thing. It is absolutely the right thing to do instead of
wasting time reinventing in a perfectly good package. Nothing to do with
software distribution should ever be called stealing. That just plays
into the hands of proprietary software companies which deliberately
confuse things. This has nothing to do with who sponsors what or the
otherwise valuable pressure to coordinate better.

It would be good to document best practises when spec files are reused
in RHEL as is going to happen repeatedly so that both sides understand
what is to be done. Someone interested in not seeing things like this
should volunteer.

Rahul