pexepct is in RHEL and should be dropped from EPEL

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 15:42:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 04:20:50PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> However, in the end.. this is yet again poor customer relations where
> the customer is the contributor who is doing a lot of the work for Red
> Hat. It has made you pissed and will become one of those things that
> people point to of why Red Hat is a pot calling the kettle black about
> licenses etc.
>
> While I don't think this raises to the level of the Novell iFolder
> debacle it is time to see what RH community people (*cough* Greg
> DeKoenigsberg *cough*) can do within Red Hat to help better make these
> transitions.

Actually, that's me.  After this happened for 5.1, I was the one who
said I'd find someone to make sure it didn't happen again.  I thought
I did.  Then it happened again in 5.2, and I said the same thing.  I
thought it was taken care of that time.  Now it happened again in 5.3.

Folks, I'm really sorry we're still in this state.  It is truly not
due to incompetence or malice; it's simply a lack of policy and
procedure, mostly on the RHEL side.  The repeated mistake is
disrespectful of the hard work happening in EPEL.

I'd appreciate another chance to make this right so it doesn't happen
again.  I'm glad that those affected made more noise this time, it
should help make it clear there really is a problem.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41