Re: Is something funny with mock build group?

Michael A. Peters wrote:

As you can see, outside of mock, right after "rebuilding aclocal.m4" there is a "rebuilding configure" followed by some autoheader stuff that just isn't there when built inside of mock.

I'm betting that's where the issue lies.

Here's the part of the buildconf script that seems to be to blame

---
  echo "using default Zend directory"
fi

rm -f generated_lists

if test "$debug" = "yes"; then
${MAKE:-make} -s -f build/build.mk ZENDDIR="$ZENDDIR" SUPPRESS_WARNINGS=""
else
  ${MAKE:-make} -s -f build/build.mk ZENDDIR="$ZENDDIR"
fi
--- (EOF)

as it happens after the echo and that's the end of the file, so the issue seems to be with

${MAKE:-make} -s -f build/build.mk ZENDDIR="$ZENDDIR"

behaving differently inside/outside of mock.

I think I'll dump the root cache and try again and investigate further. Weird.