pausing from EPEL. Orphaning my packages?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jul 3 07:36:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 02:59:08PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> :(
>
> Can you run a virtual instance on one of your machines, or use some
> remote virtual like amazon EC2?

I don't have enough disk space nor knowledge for a virtual instance.
And I wouldn't trust a distant service (not to mention that I won't
pay for the free software I do).

> I could do that if need be. Or I might be able to set you up with a
> login here on a fedora machine to use for builds and such.

Ok, I'll send you my build needs, it should be very very rare anyway,
thanks.

> > In any case my packages will new maintainers for EL-6 since I won't
> > maintain them myself given that I am not in fedora anymore -- though
> > I could co-maintain them, like I do for my former fedora packages.
>
> ok.

As a side note, tetex-lineno is only for EL-4, I'd be in favor of
dropping wdm it is dead upstream and too complicated, in my opinion,
to be maintained only in fedora. Some of my former fedora packages
should be added, like bes (though it is still orphaned in fedora),
gnash.

> These 62 epel packages seem to be the ones you are listed as maintainer
> on. I guess some may have co-maintainers already who might want to be
> primary maintainer:

Indeed. Manuel, for example is co-maintainer of some of them and is in
EPEL.

--
Pat