Re: Nagios 3.1.2

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 09:24 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Nagios 2 and Nagios 3 conf files are not compatible AFAIK -- so
> > upgrade will break systems. Instead, maybe we can ship nagios3
> > package *along with* nagios2.
>
> This assumes two things.  1) that someone is willing to maintain both
> (I'm not).  and 2) that nagios 2 is still supported, and it very well
> may not be.

Finding a maintainer is easy part (I can step up the plate). For (2), I
don't care much. It is better than shipping a new nagios package which
will break all installations. If we don't push nagios3 as a seperate
package, people will start complaining after first update.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE
Professional Services, Training, 24x7 Support