Re: RFE: add buildsys-build to comps, add buildsys macros to epel-release

On May 26, 2009, at 5:08 AM, Till Maas wrote:

1) Currently EPEL only provides a buildsys-build rpm package at:
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/rhel5/i386/

It would be nice to have also a buildsys-build comps group in the EPEL comps file, so one can easier build epel rpms with a gpg check enabled setup.

The EPEL comps file? We have one of those? Or would this be a separate yumgroups.xml type file specifically used by createrepo? Anyway, I think this sounds like a good idea.

2) Add the rpm macros from
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/rhel5/i386/buildsys-
macros-5-4.el5.noarch.rpm

to the epel-release package. In Fedora the dist macro is also in fedora-
release. The reason for this is the same as for 1).

I don't see any reason not to do this.

-Jeff