Re: RFE: add buildsys-build to comps, add buildsys macros to epel-release

On Jun 2, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Till Maas wrote:

2) Add the rpm macros from
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/rhel5/i386/buildsys-
macros-5-4.el5.noarch.rpm

to the epel-release package. In Fedora the dist macro is also in
fedora-
release. The reason for this is the same as for 1).

I don't see any reason not to do this.

Will you or someone else do this I should/can I do this, too?

Does anyone have a reason we shouldn't add the %dist macro definitions into the epel-release package? This is now the standard in Fedora, and I think it make sense for EPEL to follow suit.

-Jeff