Re: Moin in EPEL

On 06/20/2009 07:52 AM, Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
> pe, 2009-06-19 kello 13:11 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen kirjoitti:
>> I had looked at this a while ago. My strategy looked to be to create a
>> moin15, moin16 etc that would replace the older versions (moin-1.5
>> etc) since upgrades from 1.5 to 1.8 were uhm painful (I know I did it
>> a couple of times).
>
> This sounds like a good idea, but it would mean more work for us (which
> isn't a reason to dismiss it, but it might take considerably more
> time...)
>
> Were you planning on backporting security patches for 1.5 or just
> releasing the current package as moin15?

Note: To me personally, if we aren't backporting fixes to moin15 I'd
rather see it dropped and just go ahead and document all the pain we can
for moving to moin-1.8.  Others may differ (and there may be valid cases
"I'm using moin on an intranet" and the like)... It's choosing between
two bad situations.

-Toshio