pausing from EPEL. Orphaning my packages?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Sun Jun 28 20:59:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:46:18 +0200
Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since the switch to koji I cannot rebuild my packages anymore as I am
> on debian, and there is no way to install koji cleanly
> https://fedorahosted.org/koji/ticket/91

:(

Can you run a virtual instance on one of your machines, or use some
remote virtual like amazon EC2?

> I don't know exactly what to do in that case. Orphan my packages?
> Search for co-maintainers who, upon receiving cvs commit, would build
> the package? If somebody is interested in that, please put you at
> least in watchcommits and commit for my EPEL packages (and preferably
> also in watchbugzilla and I would gladly accept full co-maintainer).

I could do that if need be. Or I might be able to set you up with a
login here on a fedora machine to use for builds and such.

> In any case my packages will new maintainers for EL-6 since I won't
> maintain them myself given that I am not in fedora anymore -- though
> I could co-maintain them, like I do for my former fedora packages.

ok.

These 62 epel packages seem to be the ones you are listed as maintainer
on. I guess some may have co-maintainers already who might want to be
primary maintainer:

BibTool
acpitool
asa