heartbeat in EPEL

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Tue Mar 3 00:09:05 UTC 2009

I've had several requests for heartbeat in EPEL (which I maintain in
Fedora).

The version I am going to import is 2.1.4.
CentOS extras at least has 2.1.3. Other repos may have other versions.

I changed the naming of the subpackages to match what CentOS extras
had, as well as what upstream uses in their packages that they build in
the SUSE buildsystem. Upgrades should in theory work, but you may want
to exclude these epel packages if you want to using the CentOS extras
version.

So, this is just a heads up for anyone using heartbeat that they may
want to carefully monitor this update to the EPEL version.

Any testing/bugs/issues welcome.

Thanks.

kevin