Re: EPEL Meeting Log: Fri Mar 27 21:00:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:01:16 +0200
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:

> On 28.03.2009 17:16, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> > ounce mailing list
> >> will the messages be forwarded automatically to -epel or do we
> >> have to subscribe to yet another list ?
> > I am not 100% sure.  I mean, I guess I haven't thought about it.
> > What does everybody else think?
>
> I think the purpose of the list needs to be explained first before
> this can be discussed. IOW:
>
> - will this be a fedora-announce-list (
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-announce-list ) type
> of list? Then I'd say "maybe" with a tendency to "don't forward the
> mails to epel-devel".

I think it's this one. ;)

I am kind of inclined to forward myself, but I don't think I have a
super strong feeling to do so.

> - will this be a fedora-package-announce (
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/ ) type of
> list? Then I'd say "don't forward the mails to epel-devel, to much
> noise"

No, but I think we should make such a list for our update
announcements.

> - will this be a fedora-devel-announce (
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/ ) type of
> list? Then I'd say "yes, forward the mails to epel-devel, as they
> sometimes will lead to discussions that should go to that list"

I think emails like that should be on this list, as the developers
should subscribe here.