Re: stable pushes in the bodhi world

On 03/31/2009 02:33 AM, Michael Stahnke wrote:
2009/3/29 Kevin Fenzi <kevin scrye com>:
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:41:20 +0300
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy nobugconsulting ro> wrote:

I'd suggest:
- pushes occur once per month and take into account the following 3
rules: 1. at least one month in testing, as we have now (unless
security fix) 2. push to stable if karma reaches a level N>0 ("N" to
be defined) and time in testing >= 4 weeks
3. push to stable if karma >=0 and the package was in testing "long
enough" (not less than 4 weeks; maybe 12 ?)
So, this would be a slower progression than we have now, right?

Slow isn't the same thing as stable, I think we need to remember that.

And how many people are we likely to have add karma?
It seems not too used in the Fedora world, and I am sure there are
fewer EPEL users. ;)

Any other input out there?

I was thinking this too.  Many package I use/maintain have a small
user-base.  So, the likelyhood of Karma happening is nil.  In Fedora
it doesn't happen, and in EPEL I am nearly positive it won't.
which is why I suggested the automatic push (unless the package exhibited problems and received negative karma) after 3 months. which is half the release cycle of the main distro.