stable pushes in the bodhi world

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:41:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

> which is why I suggested the automatic push (unless the package exhibited
> problems and received negative karma) after 3 months. which is half the
> release cycle of the main distro.

I still don't think that's a good idea. I maintain a few niche
packages (supybot-fedora and supybot-koji) which are semi-critical to
Fedora infrastructure (provides very easy methods to get info out of
pkgdb, FAS, and Koji on IRC).  I can count the number of users of
these packages on one hand (I would say one finger, but I know Kevin
uses at least supybot-fedora ;) )

Does this mean that they're not of high quality just because no one
uses them? Of course not.  Same thing for Michael's packages I'd
assume.  A three month wait to get stuff into stable just seems WAY
too long.  As Kevin has already said, delay !=stable.