Re: Plan for todays EPEL meeting - 2009-10-09

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 10:30 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Here's the topic list for todays EPEL meeting, which will take
> place at 21:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net.
> - Status update on action items
>    - smooge: Blocking packages already in RHEL
> - Fuse for 5.4 status
> - QA efforts
> - Open Floor
> If there is something else that folks would like to discuss, please
> followup to this email or mention it in the Open Floor section of the
> meeting at the end. Hope to see everyone there!

Is it possible to get chained builds for EPEL on koji?

I would like to support several perl modules in fedora/EPEL.  The main
perl module (Yahoo-Marketing) compiles fine against fedora-current.
However, it needs newer versions of several core modules to work on
RHEL5 (the only platform we use this on internally).

>From what I understand about chained builds, it would allow me to build
the package dependencies along with the main perl-Yahoo-Marketing
package.  Then I could post them somewhere like fedorapeople so other
interested parties could use them.

Christopher McCrory
chrismcc pricegrabber com