Re: "newer packages"

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 12:16:58PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> This would be a totally seperate 'epel-bleeding' or
> 'epel-newer-versions' repo?

If we did this, we would be best served with an entirely new
brand/name.

Aside from the challenges of Eh-pull/Ee-pull and acronyms in general,
there is also a brand expectation around EPEL.

EPEL is the stable, stolid, same-old-you-can-rely-upon moving at the
pace of RHEL itself.

An exciting, new, updated parallel/conflicting package set should have
a new name and identity.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41