Re: "newer packages"

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Adam Miller wrote:

Yes, redhat offers newer packages in a separate channel for a fee. I don't remember where the SRPMs are located but I'm pretty sure that's where centos-testing originates and that we could find them somewhere on ftp.redhat.com

I see this question was not closed ... all content in the [base] and [updates] archives of CentOS are straight from the 'RHEL' side of the public SRPM store, or patched or available [RawHide, Fedora], or scratch packaged content to close the self-hosted CentOS build

centos-testing is different, as noted at:
	http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories
being 'a proving ground for packages on their way to CentOSPlus and CentOS Extras' Because of spotty sustained sources availability of some side products from CentOS upstream, the binaries we can provide have been 'pot luck' over time

No representation is made as to the venues from which sources for Plus or Extras are pulled, and in part some original content, and original stabilization [see the recent work we did on getting the i586 install ISO set working again in C4] work is done

The SRPMs behind FOSS changed licensed content made available in binary form by the CentOS project should be on the CentOS mirrors

-- Russ herrold