Re: RHEL 6 & EPEL -- RHEL 6 (Santiago) Beta lists ...

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 18:52 +0200, Andrew Colin Kissa wrote:
> Is this some kind of joke ? What is the rationale behind this actually i
> find exim and cyrus very robust pieces of software.

Deprecation and/or non-inclusion in RHEL is not always the result of a
piece of software not being robust.  And I say this as a major proponent
of Exim myself, ever since I first deployed it on Debian a good decade
ago (coming from years of Sendmail and Postfix exposure).

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 13:02 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> This question is probably best referred to your TAM.
> The epel list seems like the wrong place for it.

Indeed.

Furthermore and just FYI, the RHEL 6 Beta list is here:

And the RHEL 6 Beta Announce list is here:

Bryan J Smith       Senior Consultant       Red Hat, Inc
Professional Consulting http://www.redhat.com/consulting
mailto:bjs redhat com         +1 (407) 489-7013 (Mobile)
mailto:b j smith ieee org  (Blackberry/Red Hat-External)
You already know Red Hat as the entity dedicated to 100%
no-IP-strings-attached, community software development.
But do you know where CIOs rate Red Hat versus other
software and services firms for their own, direct needs,
year after year?     http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/