RHEL 6 & EPEL

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Apr 23 11:21:03 UTC 2010

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> As you may have noticed, the RHEL 6 Beta released today. For more
> details about RHEL 6, look here:
> http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/21/red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-beta-available-today-for-public-download/
>
> But, I'm here to let you know some of the specific changes of relevance
> for EPEL.
>
> Quite a few source rpms were added to RHEL 6 which were previously in
> EPEL. Here's the list:
>
> rpmlint	scop	wolfy

Hey

    Yesterday I had a mail exchange with scop, after looking at the
version of rpmlint included in RHEL 6 beta One big question was raised
by scop. Quoting from his email: " I'm
somewhat surprised that they've decided to go with a version that old
for a  package being newly introduced and would be interested in hearing
about the reasons.".
    Since the package does not list the maintainer's name ( last entry
in the spec's changelog is scop's ), I thought about asking here...
Anyone knows the reason for shipping rpmlint-0.91 when F-12 includes 0.95 ?

        manuel