Re: RHEL 6 & EPEL

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
As you may have noticed, the RHEL 6 Beta released today. For more
details about RHEL 6, look here:
http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/21/red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-beta-available-today-for-public-download/

But, I'm here to let you know some of the specific changes of relevance
for EPEL.

Quite a few source rpms were added to RHEL 6 which were previously in
EPEL. Here's the list:

rpmlint	scop	wolfy
Hey

Yesterday I had a mail exchange with scop, after looking at the version of rpmlint included in RHEL 6 beta One big question was raised by scop. Quoting from his email: " I'm somewhat surprised that they've decided to go with a version that old for a package being newly introduced and would be interested in hearing about the reasons.". Since the package does not list the maintainer's name ( last entry in the spec's changelog is scop's ), I thought about asking here... Anyone knows the reason for shipping rpmlint-0.91 when F-12 includes 0.95 ?

       manuel