epel-6 buildgroups

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Apr 26 16:07:23 UTC 2010

On Monday 26 April 2010 03:29:03 am Farkas Levente wrote:
> On 04/26/2010 01:36 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> >> and what is the name of buildsys-build or what is the epel-6-i386.cfg?
> >
> > I have not yet checked to make sure that RHEL's comps file has the needed
> > group,  note that there is no epel-6 yet.  due to some packaging bugs we
> > have not been able to build repos to build against.  it will likely be a
> > couple of weeks before things are ready to go.
>
> the reason for buildsys-build was not just the macros in buildsys-macros
> (which probably included in rhel-6), but also to require basic packages
> which is still needed. so imho another buildsys-build packages for
> epel-6 also needed in order to be able to write in epel-6-*.cfg:
> config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'install buildsys-build'
> or something like that (or a long install line:-().
the command should be
config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'groupinstall buildsys-build'

I dont know that the group is in RHEL's comps.  if its not ill push that it
does get added.  if Red Hat refuses to then it will be added to epel's comps
file.  either way when epel is ready there will be a group to install and not
the old hacks.  redhat-release does set the correct macros to meet fedora's
packaging guidelines.

Dennis