Re: Mock for EPEL4 with broken deps for ages

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:53:28 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt gmail com> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:13:52 -0600, Stephen wrote:
> > 1) We should  remove the FAQ documents?
>
> Seriously?
>
> There's a lot of "talk" in those FAQs, which doesn't match reality.
> I'd favour a more honest/self-critical view of what EPEL is able to
> deliver today … as opposed to what it could deliver if it had enough
> volunteers to contribute.

Yeah, it would be great to re-do/re-work the wiki pages.

Would someone be willing to step up to do that?

> > 2) Would you like to be the EPEL-EL4 Tsar to deal with these issues?
>
> At present, you could not even tell _how_ "to deal with these issues".
> I've found only one. How many others are there? (e.g. run-time issues)
>
> One thing for sure, it wouldn't be much fun to have one group bring
> a package into EPEL and see how they drop the ball long before dist
> EOL. And then point at the FAQ and hope for another person (or group)
> to drag the package out of the mud.
>
> Bodhi doesn't know about any substantial testing of EPEL updates:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/metrics/?release=EL-4
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/metrics/?release=EL-5

Hopefully we can get that to change.

fedora-easy-karma now works in epel5 at least. (After several rounds of
bug fixing from Till. Thanks!).