Re: Self-depracating packages was moin/mediawiki/etc [Need buildsys and rpm/yum eyes on this please]

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:26:18 -0700
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge gmail com> wrote:

> I think it has a nugget to work on so I am not against this..
> What goes into stable? I can see slipstream getting all the packages
> because its easier to break things.. but I don't see much reason to
> put stuff into stable.

Well, we would need to be strict I think for what can go into the
slipstream repo, and also it should be disabled by default in
epel-release, so only those that enable it would see those packages.

I would think maintainers would like to have their packages in
testing/stable to reach the widest audience, and only use slipstream if
there was no other choice.

I agree it would be more work to have another repo, possibly more than
we have people to work on at this point, but I think thats the best
solution if we can pull it off.