Re: Call for Topics: Meeting for 2100 UTC 2009-02-11

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:47:34 -0600
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:

> Is there any prospect for checking dependencies in EPEL packages
> before pushing them to the repo, or at least a regular report (like
> the Fedora report that somebody runs)?
>
> Somebody just pointed out over on the RHEL 5 list that vpnc now
> depends on upstart, which isn't even available for RHEL (either from
> RH or in EPEL).  It would be nice if such packages didn't make the
> repo, but at least finding them after the fact and reporting would be
> a start.

Well, we have tried to do this in the past, but no one has really
followed through to get it all working with minimal false positives.

It has to run inside fedora infrastructure in order to see the RHEL
repos we use (Or if it runs outside that, it uses centos, which has a
different set of packages in some cases... ie, no ppc).

If someone is willing to take the lead on getting it running, that
would be great. I will be happy to help them.

Also, there is some move on the auto-qa to have bodhi do dep checks, if
we could use this same setup for EPEL then it might be able to happen
at update submission time.