Re: nagios shipped by RedHat, but in a specific subscription channel

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge gmail com> wrote:
> "EPEL is purely a complimentary add-on repository and does not replace
> packages in RHEL or layered products."

> "EPEL is purely a complimentary add-on repository and does not replace
> packages in RHEL. [Package conflicts are determined by what is openly
> available from Red Hat's tree (currently located at
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/) ]

I would appreciate you putting up with one more serious question from
the perspective of a user. Since RHEIPA, RHSAT, RHDirServ, RHCERT,
RHWAS, and more fall into this new category and since the upstream
versions of many of those have been suggested as desirable targets for
inclusion in EPEL can you help me understand what a package conflict
means in this case? Is it a conflict at the package level? Is it a
conflict at the file level?

John