Re: nagios shipped by RedHat, but in a specific subscription channel

On 12/01/10 20:27, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Adam Miller
<maxamillion fedoraproject org>  wrote:
Here's a proposal:

Let's make an alteration to our current policy to something of the
effect that "we do not ship any package that has an openly available
RPM/SRPM located in any child directory of
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/ but we are unable to
verify that there will be no conflicts as not all channels are
published."

Beyond that I don't think there is any realistic expectation of us to
know what we could potentially conflict with if the information is not
publicly available.

-AdamM

"EPEL is purely a complimentary add-on repository and does not replace
packages in RHEL or layered products."

"EPEL is purely a complimentary add-on repository and does not replace
packages in RHEL. [Package conflicts are determined by what is openly
available from Red Hat's tree (currently located at
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/) ]

s/complimentary/complementary/

Paul.