Re: nagios shipped by RedHat, but in a specific subscription channel

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 21:13 +0200, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 01/13/2010 06:11 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> >> That's the path of madness. Let's please not encourage it.
> >>

> > We also checked and rpm doesn't allow us to use an EPOCH of -1 (for
> > even more madness).
> >
> > I think in the end, we are going to either rebuild what they have in
> > that channel OR not ship it. Joy.

+1

> or recommend using yum-priorities and use priority=1 for base / updates
> / RHN and >=2 for EPEL.

In addition to what everyone else already mentioned, this will cause a
problem if someone first installs a version from EPEL and then
subscribes to the Red Hat Channel. If the version in EPEL then is
higher, the package will be "orphaned".

--
David Juran
Sr. Consultant