EPEL Packages in need of building for EL-6

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Thu Jul 1 10:21:42 UTC 2010

On 07/01/2010 10:41 AM, tremble at fedoraproject.org wrote:

> Dear Package owner,
>
> On Monday June 28th at the EPEL meeting on IRC we agreed to an initial
> target date of August 15th for having all packages built for EL-6.
>
> This is a summary of EPEL packages for Enterprise Linux 6 that you own
> which have not yet been built.
>
> Owner: xavierb
... snip packages list including a big pile of perl packages ...

Perl packages can have a huge list of nested dependencies, usually
spread to various maintainers. It can be hard to get all the deps build
in a coordinated manner, or at least it induce some latency. Would it be
an acceptable practice to build packages from other maintainers, in
order to ease the pain ?

On a related topic, would make chain-build works currently for the EL-6
branch ?

Regards,
Xavier